Things That Rock

Things That Rock
Brought to you by: Oak Grove Guns

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

PSN & Fraggin' Withdrawls...

6 days and counting since the Playstation Network was shut down for "Maintenance" due to a network intrusion... And, about a day ago Sony released a press release that Sony will be "re-building their network to avoid future intrusions...etc."...

All I can say to that is, "ARRrrRRgggGGGGG!". Aside from my obvious frustrations about not being able to rack up some kills on Killzone 3 online I find myself attempting to play campaign modes on a few of my games from my library. What in the world did I do before online gaming?! Mundane and predictable is the only way I can describe campaign modes hence my propensity for online competition!

I remain curious of how Sony will make all of this good to their users. I've been reading some very good points brought up on a few message boards, and in particular, "What about the people who pay for Playstation Plus?". Granted, let's say PSN is off for a total of 14 days (worst case scenario I hope) and Sony offers to pro-rate your subscription based on that outage time. It would out to be only 4% of the $50 annual cost of your Playstation Plus subscription (that's only $2). We'll, I'm sure comping people $2 off their next subscription or refunding it will really not a difference to squashing Playstation user's disgruntled feelings.

Which leads me to wonder what Sony will do? Is this as bad as Microsoft's RRoD issue? Personally, I don't think this issue is as serious as MS's hardware problem but a lot of people seem to feel otherwise... My hope is that Sony will DO SOMETHING. Perhaps, not to the extreme of offering Free 1 years subscriptions to Playstation Plus, but just something. New content or features maybe? Just something. I own both systems and I can vividly recall trying to solve my XBOX 360 issues with Microsoft's customer service and becoming incredibly frustrated (let's just say I'd rather Royal Wedding coverage than ever deal with that again!).

For now, like the other 75 million PSN users I will just wait and hope for the best. In the mean time I have plugged back in the self-fixed XBOX 360 and began revisiting a few games (Gears of War series) and holding out on re-newing that XBOX Live subscription...

~DL

No comments:

Post a Comment