Things That Rock

Things That Rock
Brought to you by: Oak Grove Guns

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GREAT SCOTT! Back To The Future: The Game

 02/09/2011
By: DL

So, either I am not a die hard Back To The Future fan like I thought or Telltale games is the worst at marketing their games!  Back To The Future: The Game was released for PC & Mac back in late December and if I had known I'd be all over it!  Apparently though a release date for download will be availible February 15th for PS3 and XBOX360.

For us Back To The Future fans (if you look at the "Things That Rock" banner you can see the fluxicapacitor in the top right hand corner) if anyone can remember back to the NES days of the terrible games that carried the BTTF name were very poor excuses for a video game.  However, I suppose any game based on a movie in the late 80's & 90's were pretty sub-par.  Regardless if you want to remember or not, BTTF1 on NES was incredibly difficult not to mention had a bizare Paperboy like scrolling gameplay to it.  BTTF2&3 (NES) which we're packaged in one game made little to no sense in continuity with the original story with the exception of bits and pieces spliced into the games cut screens and of course gameplay was frustrating (If you got your hands on a hover board you were almost sure to get obliterated by an enemy because of your lack of control).

I actually just put in my order for the MAC version of Back To The Future: The Game and I can't wait!  Telltale Games are the same folks who resurrected Lucas Art's Sam & Max series via download in the PS3 & XBOX Live store in a series of episode games.  Now, granted I've yet to play Back To The Future: The Game I can be assured that gameplay will be much like that of the original Sam & Max or Kings Quest/Police Quest and other adventure games similar.

Though there doesn't seem to be anything spectacular in gameplay or graphics I do feel that this is redemption for the BTTF franchise in making up for those turd games that came out when I was kid.  It also helps that Bob Gale (Producer of all 3 BTTF movies) was an consultant on game & story development.


No comments:

Post a Comment